Welcome to FRESH Takes on the future of work where we focus on fresh perspectives, from business and HR leaders about the future of work. FRESH is an acronym: Freedom, Resourcefulness, Empathy, Simplicity and Happiness. These values are core to operating in the future of work and we tie back to these while exploring interesting stories and actionable ideas.
Today's guest is Shirley Kavanagh. Shirley is the Global Head of Talent and Organisation Effectiveness for UDG Healthcare a global integrated healthcare service provider, offering a range of services to the Healthcare industry across 29 countries. She has had a portfolio career spanning financial services, retail and healthcare and has worked in both the private and public sector. Her passion is helping people be the best they can be. In her spare time, she is completing a PhD and recently, with colleagues from Trinity College Dublin, St Gallen University in Switzerland and Ivey Business School in Canada, she won the best paper award given by the Academy of Management for paper titled ‘In the Eye of the Storm: Turbulent times and the MBA’ - in this paper Shirley and her co-authors, investigated the extent to which MBA programs provide content, develop skills, and nurture mindsets to prepare students to tackle today’s global challenges.
Let's get FRESH.
Guests answer the following questions:
1. How do you define the future of work?
2. Let’s dream big for a moment, so assume you can snap your fingers and it’s real, what’s one thing you personally want to see change about work / life?
3. As for FRESH takes (freedom, resourcefulness, empathy, simplicity, happiness), which area do you see as most pressing right now, as we look at the future of work and the evolving employer / employee dynamic?
4. How do you think Managers, the people leading people, can best navigate the months ahead?
5. What's one company you admire for their FRESH take?
Stay FRESH and visit us at hellolluna.com.